Monday 8 June 2015

Jing!

I just love the name -so bright and shiny and happy!

It's actually a tool where you can talk and show something on the screen. Videos are limited to a maximum of five minutes, because who wants their teacher to drone on for any longer than that!

You need to download it on your laptop or device from here Jing.

So, I just downloaded it, and did a quick Jing where I showed a letter a student had written, and I explained what needed to be improved.  I didn't practice, and the video is under 2 mins.  I realise I needed to actually mark on the screen, and Paint wasn't terribly handy for this, so I'd have a think about that, but for a quick way to correct, it works quite well. See my video here.


How else could Jing be used?

(There's also something called Screenr, you need Java to use this, and it looks similarly easy to use)

No comments:

Post a Comment